Store-bought pancakes are packed with refined carbohydrates (such as white sugar and white flour) which actually make you crave more (not-so-healthy) food! These nutritious, protein pancakes are here for the rescue as they are packed with fiber and protein to leave you feeling satisfied and charged for the day. And, they taste so good, you’ll question why you ever bought pre-made pancakes in the first place!
1/3 cup cacao or vanilla LivWell
1/3 cup ground flax seeds (you can sub oats or almond flour)
1/3 cup non-dairy milk
1/3 cup water
½ a mashed banana (can sub ½ cup pureed pumpkin or ¼ cup apple butter)
1 tsp vanilla extract (or ½ tsp ground vanilla bean powder)
1 tbsp maple syrup (can sub stevia)
Spices of your choice: cinnamon works great, along with cardamom or ginger
You can get creative with your toppings! Try banana slices, berries, maple syrup, cinnamon, nut-butter
of choice, walnuts, or chia seeds.
1. Mix LivWell with the ground flax and baking soda. Add any spices if using any.
2. Next, add the milk, water, pureed fruit, vanilla extract and maple syrup (or stevia) to your
blender or food processor. Blend or process.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the blended wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
4. Coat a skillet with coconut oil or non-stick spray and turn on medium-high heat.
5. Using about 2 spoons full of batter at a time and drop the mixture onto the skillet. Allow to cook
until the bottom turns a golden brown (these cook relatively fast so check them every minute or
so). Carefully flip and cook for about one minute on the reverse side.
6. Remove, put on a plate to cool, and repeat until there is no more batter. This recipe will make
about 4-5 pancakes. Feel free to double, or even triple the recipe if you want more (and you